Monday, August 3, 2015

Its not about you

                                                           
 In today's culture self esteem is huge.
 The world as whole tells us we aren't beautiful enough, successful enough,cool enough, that 
                we are always needing something more to be enough. 
            Then you have the select groups that try to build your confidence. 


                                                         
 "BeYOUtiful."     
   "All girls are beautiful."         

         I've heard/seen a bunch of different phrases to build ones confidence in self. 
  I just want to say, Who Cares!
That may seem harsh,but we are making every aspect of this about ourselves.
 Each of those statements are being measured to the worlds standards. 
Though I am not saying encouragement ad self confidence is wrong,its just becoming a focus in every aspect of life.
Its becoming a singular focus.
Lets begin with our physical image or beauty.
To the worlds standard of beauty, you probably aren't beautiful. I know I am not.
 I am to many sizes up from size 0,my hair is frizzy and curly, my face is to wide,eyes to deep set, to the world I am not beautiful.

 I see people all around me that if they aren't pushing the impossible beauty standard they are trying to convince us girls we are beautiful, trying to give us confidence and self worth. That is not wrong because of Christ we do have worth. Where is the focus? The focus is still drawing attention to  outward beauty,to self.  Confidence and true beauty doesn't come outward until its inward.  It doesn't come if we are consumed by looking,acting and appearing the best. 
If you are striving for inward beauty to have outward beauty you will fail as well, unless you are truly striving for Jesus alone.

 "Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praise."Proverbs 31:30

"The most beautiful women I've ever observed are those that have exchanged a self-focused life for a Christ-focused one. They are confident, but not in themselves. Instead of self-confidence, they radiate with Christ-confidence.”
― Leslie Ludy, Set-Apart Femininity: God's Sacred Intent for Every Young Woman

     We need to take off our self vain focus and put on a Christ focus.

Success. I have no great career or great sum of money in the bank thus I am to the world unsuccessful.           
 I am so way below the cool mark also,I don't drink,smoke or wear stylish clothes keeping up with the latest fads and to the world I will never be enough,I am not enough.
This is a constant struggle and its hard. 
When your with others you want to be well liked,you want to be held in high esteem and admiration.
Which is natural and you obviously wouldn't want to have no respect or not be liked.
The world says I am not beautiful.  The world says I am not successful. The world says I am not cool or hip.
 I don't need the worlds standard of beauty and I don't need to put my worth in that beauty standard because I find my worth and identity in Christ.

     "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  Psalms 139:14
 
           My confidence and beauty is found in Him my creator.
 I don't need to be successful and be popular in the world to have worth because of Christ I am worthy to come unto the throne of the King of Kings,the ruler of the world. I am adopted by Him,my wealth and glory is in eternity.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;" Matthew 6:19

            As christian I probably won't ever be popular. 
But success, a blessing from God often from hard work that He blessed,but success is also passing and can be gone in a moment don't put your worth and security in your success or wealth.
There is always someone that's going to be more accomplished and wealthier then you.
 
 Now that I clarified some things on those subjects what it all boils down to with beauty,success,popularity is 3 things;
   It doesn't matter,who cares, it isn't about us!
                               We get so caught up in being popular,beautiful, successful, that we forget it doesn't matter.  
Yes, be a good steward of what God has given you,you are a holy temple of God so take care of yourself, look nice, present the gospel well,be kind and loving to others. 
The problem lies when we are so caught up in our life on earth that we forget why we are here, we forget that as christians we are aliens on earth and that our life is as the Bible says its but a vapor.    
              He is our purpose, we are here to glorify Him
               We are here to prepare for His second coming.
                   We are here to share the gospel, to shout it from our rooftops declaring His goodness.

  And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.Matt.24:14

I want to encourage each of you to not put your confidence and worth in something that is temporary and shallow,but put you all into Him who is permanent and has an incredibly deep love.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matt.16:26


 

                              

1 comment :

Hello there,
Thank you for stopping by, I love reading comments so go ahead and tell me your thoughts. But I ask that you keep them clean of suggestive language, swearing. Just be honest and kind! :)
Feel free to check out some of my other posts and pages.