Sunday, June 5, 2016

Onward



________________________________________________ 

"The waters are rising,but so am I" 
 - Catherine Booth  
________________________________________________
 
(siblings shot -3,but  +1 in law.)

                                
  What a crazy past few months. I feel like I have had barely time to breathe as summer has jumped into full swing for me, its beyond just warm down here in Alabama and really been taking some adjusting to (heat and culture).  Its becoming my reality rather than just another trip for a few months. I am not going back to Ohio, to my country road in a small town with all its familiarity. For all of you that have moved out of state before extra points to you,this one of the hardest things I have ever done. Its really hit me the past 3 month like a sack of bricks. Its just so very...... different.
 As I grow and change as a person everything familiar is different,my sister got married as soon a I arrived back from Colorado,so even my family is changing as quickly as my surroundings.
Culturally and just in general life is different down here (I know I have said this repeatedly), I see a face that you think you know only to realize its not them and you will never be able to bump into that person at Walmart ever cause they don't even live in a near by state. So for all the poor Alabama people that I have stared at in stores I apologize!


__________________________________________________________________________________

 "I am with you Always" Is enough for my soul to live upon, no matter who forsakes me. "
- Charles Spurgeon
 ___________________________________________________________________________________


I have enjoyed adventuring through Alabama 'meeting' new places and people realizing God has placed me here for a reason and growing in that as I am struggling through my fears and homesickness to see the beauty God placed in front of me.
Every time I cry out to God He hears my cries. 
His response isn't always immediate or how I want.
But He has heard each tear that has dropped on my pillow as I voiced that I couldn't handle this change,I couldn't adjust,why would He place me here,why can't I be where I was comfortable. Then He comforted me with His promises. 
He has continued to refresh my soul with the little things as I become overwhelmed,He would bless me with a beautiful sunrise drive to work, whispering nuggets of truth and promises to my heart, putting a smile on my face as I see the sun rays shine through the trees onto the newly blooming flowers.
 He felt each tear that I felt stream down my face as I prayed in the mist of feeling isolated and alone, Then He sent a special friend that I wasn't expecting. 
I still don't understand God and His timing,but I know that it is perfect even when I don't recognize it right away. Never does He ever forget our dreams, never doe He ever ignore our hearts cries, never does He ever leave those of whom He died for to be alone. I have learned more about faith this past year in such a whirlwind starting from when I decided to go to the ranch. Its crazy beautiful to see Gods hand work in anyone's life. I am becoming more of a fan of journaling and writing out my heart in prayers and see God answer them pages later,sometimes in away unexpected/not the way I asked it to be answered,but God blesses us and you can see His love in every act.


                 Despite all the struggle in the past 7 months that I have officially lived here I am excited to be stationary for awhile and build my photography to where I want it to be and actually work on having a real business, putting all doubt aside and pursuing my passion with a side of a whole lot of prayer. 

I have been blessed to have taken family photos for 2 families at our church to help build my portfolio along with an opportunity to go to a photography workshop in Nashville (to refresh my soul and start feeding myself in the creativity sense.)



       In summary months of change,growing and pushing onward have been and will probably continue as I experience my first southern summer, but I am excited for a year of growth, of learning,walking by faith and walking in the plan He has for me. Putting all fears aside.
                     As I strive abide, be bold, love, and be still.

____________________________________________

What has been your biggest struggle,but yet your biggest growing experience pulling you closer to our creator?
_____________________________________________

1 comment :

  1. Oh, you are majorly lucky to be able to have this opportunity open to you and grow closer to Him! For me, a huge struggle was that my friendships were tested, majorly-- most of the times, my friends and I would say something we really don't mean. Like, during graduation, a friend of mine cussed at me in front of a bulk load of people (there were over 1000 people there, which made things a but worse) because I accidentally misnamed her instrument. So I went home, crying myself to sleep, but in the morning, she came back and apologized for everything-- she only said those words because she was tired and cranky.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete

Hello there,
Thank you for stopping by, I love reading comments so go ahead and tell me your thoughts. But I ask that you keep them clean of suggestive language, swearing. Just be honest and kind! :)
Feel free to check out some of my other posts and pages.