Sunday, June 8, 2014

the sunset in a cup

 
 
 Bring me the sunset in a cup,
Reckon the morning's flagons up
And say how many Dew,
Tell me how far the morning leaps—
Tell me what time the weaver sleeps
Who spun the breadth of blue!




Write me how many notes there be
In the new Robin's ecstasy
Among astonished boughs—
How many trips the Tortoise makes—
How many cups the Bee partakes,
The Debauchee of Dews!

Also, who laid the Rainbow's piers,
Also, who leads the docile spheres
By withes of supple blue?
Whose fingers string the stalactite—
Who counts the wampum of the night
                                                                               To see that none is due?
                                  Who built this little Alban House
                                 And shut the windows down so close
                                    Who'll let me out some gala day
                                     With implements to fly away,
                                        Passing Pomposity?        
                                      My spirit cannot see?
                                         -Emily Dickinson

3 comments :

  1. Oh my GOSH. Did you take these pictures? Gorgeous!! The whole of it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I did. Thank you so much!!! The sunlight was to gorgeous to miss not take the oppurtunity to try out a new thrift store ball gown with.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. Beautiful photos!
    And that's one of my favorite poems! I just love Dickenson!
    (BTW, I have a blog now...) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there,
Thank you for stopping by, I love reading comments so go ahead and tell me your thoughts. But I ask that you keep them clean of suggestive language, swearing. Just be honest and kind! :)
Feel free to check out some of my other posts and pages.