Tuesday, June 3, 2014

That christian girl problem


                    Lets face it there are problems that the 'single' homeschooled Christian girls end up staring at in the face after they graduate highschool. I like to call it "waiting time"
                                                                    
 


                     A LOT, of stay at home daughters kinda have the mind set and plan that goes like this;
  graduate highschool, meet boy, marry boy, be happy stay at home wife and homeschooling mommy!
                                                                        Am I right?!
Now I've meet more and more homeschool girls that have this more in mind. Graduate HS, go to bible school or become apart of a ministry, meet boy, marry boy, be a happy stay at home wife/mommy! That's almost the same as the first, but I definitely noticed more girls getting into ministries or bible schools to find the perfect christian dude!

Buuuuut, what we girls have seen and heard maybe even dreaded, but think its no big deal or will never happen to them/us is 'the waiting' time. You know when you graduate and there is no prince and your plans have come to a halt, you don't know what your doing and you are either being that stay at home daughter awaiting your prince or didn't realize how long it would take you to save up for bible school and you find that all that's on your brain is either;

 A.) Prince charming use the stupid gps and find me! Or
 B.) ...when will my life begin.... you know either waiting for something exciting to happen for God to give you some big mission!

I know for myself I've been saving up to go to an awesome program called Ellerslie this fall and at this point I'm at B.) I'm waiting for school because I have to have a great purpose that I will find at Ellerslie and I want to do something big, be apart of something bigger more then just working part time and dealing with everyday life.  I felt like if I just get through this summer when I go to Ellerslie my life will fall into place and I will know exactly what to do.

Piece of advice; If you are waiting or looking for something or someone to give you direction and purpose in your life, you will never feel fulfilled unless you seek God for it!

    I often get that dreaded question, "So what are you doing now that you've finished school?"
When people ask that inside I'm grabbing them by the shoulders and shaking them with a terrified look on my face yelling, "I Don't Know Anymore!!!! Tell me what to do."   I've been going back in forth with different college degrees I would be interested in...maybe...agh!!!  I've never wanted to be that girl who changes her major a kazillion times. I was going to be the girl with direction and a plan.
hahaha,yeahhhhh. ;)

I've also always wanted to do ministry work, but ever really knew where or if God was calling me to it. When people hear this they'll ask where/what.... I would think and sort of say (different wording usually), 'It could be something over seas or in the US, I didn't/don't care just give me something to work with here.'
I have a heart for young teens, but being an older 'teen' I sometimes feel inadequate, I enjoy being musical and music ministry was a thought, but again I'm not even close to being a professional violinist and still only really actually 'play' one instrument. Then of course there is my photography.
      I'm at the point where I'm waiting for God to tell me what to do. To have something occur to that will read, "this is Gods plan for you, do this." We are so focused on keeping an eye out for this that we often forget that we need to seek Him while we wait and big neon signs don't pop up with a list of instructions and the future events that will occur.

    
                                               If this is you, welcome to "waiting time!!"
I truly believe God give us this time to seek Him and to strengthen our relationship with Him.
           Knowing who you are in Christ and who you are as a person I think is one of the most important things as we mature,become adults and are thrown into the world that seems to have it out for us.
                       I strongly encourage you to seek God for wisdom, to lean on Him, grow in Christ and know your standards and your weaknesses. Okay, yeah that last one. I think is pretty important. If there is something that can cause you to stumble or anything that can disconnect you from your relationship with Christ write it down and when those warning lights flash, get out! We tend to watch for the sin rather then the things that lead and cause us to sin.

       I know you've probably heard this a million times, but when your single and more flexible you can make an impact and be a blessing to others. This could be a once a month thing, every other week. It doesn't have to be a constant activity, but would you rather look back and see yourself waiting around and not really having much of a life or doing something for others that could totally turn their, day, week ,month..etc.... The possibilities are also kinda endless.
 Music? Get friends, siblings or even just yourself and entertain people at the nursing home. (they love it so much even if your not a perfect musician.)
Kids and Babies? Find a young mom who may need extra help, but can't afford to pay.
Teens? Start a bible study or even just get togethers that you can be an encouragement to them in their relationship with Christ.
Baking? Maybe make some meals for older people who live by themselves and eat out a lot. I know my grandpa eats out a lot and home cooked meal could be a tremendous blessing.

You may have a rocky start with some of these. You may find one of them is not for you and you can switch to something more in your skill set, but God can totally use you to be a blessing to others in this 'waiting time' of your life as you start planning out your future and knowing who you are. Also another thing to keep in mind is you never know how much something you did or said couldn't be a blessing to someone. It may seem small and of very little impact, but just because all you may get it a thank you that doesn't mean it didn't bless or speak to that person.

I want to end this post with a few encouraging verses are so true and are some verses I really needed to hear.


Matthew 11:28
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”


Philippians 4:6-7 
 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Jeremiah 29:11 
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”


2 Corinthians 4:16 
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.”



2 Timothy 1:7 
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

This last verse below has been a very encouraging verse to me, and is so appropriate since as teenagers we have the reputation of being rebellious, irresponsible, lazy...etc...
You can do anything through Christ you are never to young and never to old! :)

1 Timothy 4:12  Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.





 

10 comments :

  1. Blythe, you are a very beautiful young woman. I believe you to be a sweet, decent and faith soul as well. I ask that you forgive the impertinence of my comments. I mean well by them, however rude they may seem ...

    Ellerslie? Are you sure?!

    I sometimes wonder if those homeschooled in the Quiverfull or similar philosophies realize there are devout Christians who are disturbed and even horrified by what we (I include myself) believe to be indoctrination in an essentially non-Christian or even anti-Christian dogma.

    They are taught to set themselves apart in ways that are not in keeping with my Lord's teachings. They are made "culture warriors" not to serve Him but rather to serve a political movement that benefits a wealthy few, who are by His word bound for hell.

    The notion of seeking out a good man of strong faith is a perfectly reasonable one. Likewise devoting yourself to him and to your children is good. But selecting him from those who use my Lord's name to give some sort of credence to their own hateful, vain purpose, that couldn't be more wrong.

    I know you can do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help, but from your comment think that maybe misunderstood me on the finding a guy part. I was saying that so many girls do go to Christian places to find a guy and I don't think girls should ever have that intent while going to bible school. That's one thing I like about ellerslie actually they don't want you there to meet a partner, but to focus on God and they highly discourage you seeking out a partner while there. I'm frankly confused by your last paragraph on what you mean.

      I would love to hear what you have to say about ellerslie. I heard about it through a friend and reading through everything on their website it looked amazing and I've heard glowing reviews.

      As for setting apart in ways that are not in keeping with the Lords teaching,do you have any examples?


      p.s. could you sign your name or if you don't like having your real name online that's okay,just helps when talking to someone online?!

      Delete
    2. In plain language, Ellerslie is an expensive ripoff. But it's really much worse than that. It's a very attractive lie.

      Ludy creates war-like imagery, speaking of recruits and weaponry for spiritual warfare. But who or what is really the enemy? Certainly Ludy claims it is evil, or the anti-Christ, but is that credible? There are real consequences to the political ideas that he promotes. Good people can be harmed. Are they just "collateral damage" in his spiritual war?

      Men like Ludy seek out vague or difficult to understand books, like Ezekial and Revelations, to interpret for their own purpose. We, the faithful, are to bend our minds to conform to the Word, not distort the Word to fit our own vain desires.

      Some see themselves as set apart, better than, those who don't have faith. This is wrong. It is also wrong to physically isolate yourself from non-believers, to create or seek out Christian enclaves in some vain effort to isolate yourself or your family from sin. The "world" the Bible speaks of isn't the collection of non-believers, it is our own base nature. You cannot hide from it. And that nature within ourselves is the proper object of struggle, not the rights and freedoms of others.

      -- Ray

      Delete
    3. I agree that we should not totally shut ourselves off from nonbelievers,but also bad friends can have bad influences and we need to be careful who we allow to influence us. But there Is a lot in your comment that I don't agree with especially the last part. I'm curious on what denomination you would categorize yourself in?

      Delete
    4. You disagree with the last paragraph? Ah, then we truly are far apart in viewpoint.

      I have extensive ancestry in the Moravian Church. I grew up a Lutheran. As I wrote in a previous comment, I don't have a home church at present. I don't feel lost at this. I can read my Lord's Word and it is abundantly clear.

      That's really the whole problem isn't it? The Word is plain, but it's not well received. Perhaps "despised" is a more apt phrase. Often too by those who call themselves Christian. When His words were spoken by brother Francis (of Rome), they were called Marxist (and worse).

      I disdain commercialization of faith, particularly interpretations i.e. the enormous body of so-called "Christian books" and other similar media. The KJV is ALL.

      I don't honestly believe that you're highly susceptible to bad influences. But I have to wonder if you've read the New Testament for yourself. Are we not to go out into the world taking the Word and demonstrating our faith by good works?

      Delete
    5. I totally agree we should go out taking the word and demonstrating our faith by good works. I feel like we are missing each other...:/ which I possible via internet.

      Delete
  2. It seems a bit rude to drop my comments, particularly when you asked a question. Unless of course it was rhetorical. None of the opinions I've expressed are controversial within mainstream Protestantism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry,I wasn't dropping them. Just hadn't gotten around to it.:/

      Delete
    2. Also. I think we better agree to disagree cause I think on some things we may disagree on and I feel like we might be misunderstanding each other.

      Delete
  3. Blythe, you're a talented and ambitious woman, and I don't understand how anyone could look at you and ask, "So what are you going to do?" Because I think that you already do so much by blessing people with your photography, your blogposts, and your beautiful personality. Pursue your talents and passions(photography etc) and G-d will place you in the perfect place and the perfect time to cause you to grow into an incredible woman - maybe even a very lucky man's wife. :) Right now, just focus on the things you love, pursue them, excel in them, and glorify G-d and along the way.
    Thanks for being you and blessing the world! Again, it was so wonderful to meet you when you came down to Miami!

    Shalom,
    Hannah
    (But my pseudonym is Fiona, by the way. I'm weird like that) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there,
Thank you for stopping by, I love reading comments so go ahead and tell me your thoughts. But I ask that you keep them clean of suggestive language, swearing. Just be honest and kind! :)
Feel free to check out some of my other posts and pages.