Monday, September 22, 2014

5 ways of telling the difference


                               

                    My siblings and my mom were once upon a time teasing me about this Christian guy who sorta took an interest in me though he seemed nice he just wasn't what I was looking for and to me was just this 'Christian' guy that believed in God and went to church every sunday like a good boy.   Now I love observing people and what I've noticed is there is a strong difference between a 'Christian guy' and a man of God along with a 'Christian woman' and a woman of God. Which is what ended my interest in this young man. Now I've heard Christians warn young people before that you cannot expect the spiritual maturity of a 50yr Christian in a 20 something your old. While that's true, I have meet and seen mature Christian young men of whom I would call men of God.  I would also like to point out before I move on is you may want and expect to find a man of God who have to be a woman of God, but if a guy turns you off because he's not a man of God, a man of God may be turned off by you because your not the woman of God he is looking for. Walk the walk, talk the talk, but if the fruits of what is in your heart isn't showing what this young mans looking for it will turn them off as well. Its a two way street. We are all also at different levels of spiritual maturity and for me I think its important for the girl to be around the same and not excessively more then the man since he will be or at least should be the spiritual leader in your home, but that's  matter of personal opinion.
   
                                                                             Here are,
                         5 ways that I observe guys who are 'interested'

                                                           1. Is he a Christian. 
 Obviously this is a deal breaker for me, if he is not a Christian then forget it. First off the Bible warns against be unequally yoked. Everything I am is because of Jesus and if he doesn't understand this then I can't even see our relationship going anywhere. A boyfriend and girlfriend.... A husband and wife Relationships are best built on solid ground with Christ at the center bringing you closer.

                                                2. The friends they hang out with.
                      I think you can tell a lot about a person by who they hangout with.
                      Friends can have a huge impact and influence on you good and bad,

                                                3. What they post on the internet.
           Now you may or may not even know what they post on the internet, but you would be surprised what you can tell about a person via social media. Things my friends on facebook 'like' come up on my feed. Sport related, photography, dance, movies (which movies are a big one for me. You reap what you sow. What your watching and putting into your mind usually reveals itself.)



4. How they talk around or about others. (if they are interested in you they will act differently around you, but groups of friends are a little different.)
                             How do they treat their friends? Do they talk badly and tear down other people?
                                                        

                                                         5. How they spend their time.
                                              What do they spend a lot of their time doing?
 Playing sports, watching t.v,  working, hang out with friends, church, volunteer work, music?!




 

1 comment :

  1. This is great. I was just thinking about this! I agree with what you said about what people watch shows a lot about them. I think that's all the more reason to be thoughtful about what we ourselves watch.

    Thanks for this post! I'm a new follower, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there,
Thank you for stopping by, I love reading comments so go ahead and tell me your thoughts. But I ask that you keep them clean of suggestive language, swearing. Just be honest and kind! :)
Feel free to check out some of my other posts and pages.