Christmas is one of my absolute favorite holidays!!
One of our family traditions is the sibling gift exchange.
As years have gone by and have gotten married we've added both sister and brother in laws into the hat.
We also used to keep who you got for Christmas a secret, but my family isn't very good about not knowing what someone else knows,so one by one we would pester our siblings doing the 'I will tell if you will tell' to find out who was shopping for who. Another challenge has been getting all the siblings in one place to do the name drawing. Summer or fall is usually when it takes place.
This year we did it in September. My sister and brother in law visited in October (after I left :'( )from Sweden we had to do it before then that way they can take gifts back with them that would otherwise cost and arm and a leg to ship.
This year I got my sister Rachel (who lives in Sweden) and even though I wouldn't be able to give it to her in person I had fun shopping for her. Was the easiest Christmas shopping I've done in a while!
- Blue tall mug
- dove dark chocolate (her favorite)
- Hazelnut Coffee (another favorite)
-red nail polish
-knitted gray infinity scarf (for Swedens winters)
A little gift inspiration for you all who are still trying to figure out gifts.
Great thing is if you replace;
The scarf with a hat.
The chocolate with beef jerky
And
the nail polish with cologne, gloves or a movie.
It could be a great guy gift as well.
Hope you all are having a fantastic December so far.
Even though this is a scheduled post since I am still away at school and unable to post please feel free to leave comments. I will love opening my account and see comments waiting to be read when I return on the 16th!
.jpg)
.jpg)





I love Christmas too! =) Trust me, my family is terrible with the secret Santa thing too, haha, but I still love doing it! Thanks for posting this because it has given me so many ideas for gifts! ^_^
ReplyDelete